Ahad, November 18, 2007

Summer scent from Christine


Hello Shah

Great to hear from you again. I am very glad your presentation went well and you have your conversion to PhD with no problems. I am putting theory on the back-burner for a while and beginning writing for my creative piece. I'm going ahead independently because I will have a new primary supervisor in creative writing when staffing is sorted out in the department for next year (many regular staff will not be there). Nick Prescott is still my second supervisor. I have only seen Cole in passing this year. In fact he has a DVD (Werner Herzog) of mine that I must remind him to return. It will be lovely to get together when you are in Adelaide, excursion, meal, whatever -- you say and I'll oblige. I would like to see you graduate, so be sure and reserve me a ticket if you can.

Asian Cinema is finished now and I miss the lectures and films. I loved some films by Zhang-ke, Zhang Yimou, Hou Hsiao-hsien, Kim Ki-duk and we finished with a most amusing Bollywood movie by Farah Khan called " Main Hoon Ha" (unless I have my titles muddled). But best of all I enjoyed the work of the Iranian director Abbas Kiarostami. I've watched " A Taste of Cherry", " The Wind Will Carry Us" and " White Balloon" (which he scripted but was directed by another young director, I believe). I am waiting for the library to receive more of his films, and I have put them on hold. Gotta go now and do something like work.

Cheers, Christine

Tiada ulasan: