Rabu, Ogos 15, 2007

christine says:

Hi Shah,

I didn't get back to you yesterday. It was a bust day. I spent ages having my eyes tested and arranging for new glasses. Two pairs -- expensive. It is a rip-off. When I think back to Singapore and how cheap and easy it was to be fitted...maybe I should take a holiday there next time I need new specs. Then I spent the rest of the day at the State Library where I am viewing old films from South Australia, to see if they are suitable for a public viewing later in the year. It's voluntary work, but the new environment is interesting, as is some of the old films from the Seventies and Eighties. There is even an old one from Woomera in 1960 which shows the living quarters and school where Val used to teach (1961-1963).
When I told him of the shot of the swimming pool, all he remembers is he was bitten by a bull-ant there and it hurt. Today has been busy too. I saw my supervisors, Kate and Nick. Now I must move into writing mode and start submitting things like Literary Reviews, Plans, and Chapters/Papers for comment. I'll need those new glasses. Hope you are finding your way around Melbourne and enjoying the experience. A friend is going over for the Melbourne Festival. It happens soon I believe. So the town should be abuzz with activity.

Enjoy. Ta ta for now.
Cheers, Christine

Tiada ulasan: