Ahad, Oktober 21, 2007

christine says:

Dear Shah,

You are busy indeed. Your conference looks very interesting. I wish I could be there to hear the papers. I've been attending Mike Walsh's lectures and screenings in Asian Cinema, and I must say some of the auteurs and their films are fascinating. Tomorrow we move on to Iranian film. Last week we worked on Korean film, and before that Chinese. We are near the end of the course: next week is Bollywood, and that wraps up the year.

I read your abstract. Do you watch soaps? You know you must indulge if you are going to write about them. You must ask your mother what she likes, and her friends. I don't think you have sisters, from memory. Better ask Nora what she thinks, for the modern woman. When is your graduation in December? Does it take place atFlinders or in the city? Do you have somewhere to stay? You are welcome here, if you don't mind a mattress in the study. We would be happy to accomodate you. Molly is very friendly: she may bark but she wont eat you. Yoyo and Merry are enjoying the warmer weather, lolling in the sun. Frisky's old bones are happy too. Have fun writing your paper.

Cheers, Christine

Tiada ulasan: