Jumaat, April 06, 2007

a letter from Christine

Dear Shah,

I am glad to know your are settled in Melbourne. Is youraccommodation reasonable and handy to the university?

I have not seen Cole. I do not go very often to the SturtCampus (only if I need a certain library book), and Coledoesn't come to the main campus, I think. I'll email him andsee how he is going.
My principle supervisor is on leave this semester, but NickPrescott has been great starting me off. However, I wish hehad more time for discussion. I have so many questions andhave no one to bounce off along the way. I have met someother postgrads and can attend a seminar about every threeweeks with Jeri Kroll's group until my supervisor comesback. Do you get the opportunity to meet other postgrads inyour field?

The Easter break starts on Friday and I seem to have donenothing except read and look around. I think I amprocrastinating with my writing, although I wrote a poem andperformed it last night for our local Friendly Street Groupin the venue on Rundle Street. I also went to see a Germanfilm "The Lives of Others" at the Palace Eastend yesterdayafternoon. It was excellent. About a writer in East Germanybefore the Berlin Wall came down, and the machinations ofthe secret police (Stasi), as they control every facet of public and private life. An excellent story with honedcraftmanship.

My family is well. My mother and the boys are coming fordinner over Easter, and hopefully my sister and her husbandalso. My furry friends are fine and Yoyo and Molly arelively in the garden chasing anything that moves. Take careof yourself and keep in touch.
Cheers,
Christine

Tiada ulasan: