Jumaat, April 20, 2007

a tale from christine

Dear Shah,

Good to hear from you. Your worries about theory mirror mine. I realise my old favourites from last year will not support my interests this year. I have been reading the work of Japanese writer Murakami -- literature for me this time around rather than anime, so as close as I could come to the hyperreal style -- and decided that I need to know more about "simulacrum." So I am about to start researching Jean Baudrillard, to see if he will be of any use to my understanding of the way the world turns.

Sam has just arrived and gone off with Murakami's "Norwegian Wood" to see what he thinks of the novel. I did miss you at the graduation ceremony. Your name was in the program as having completed the MA, with Nicholas Berry-Smith's and Alex Vickery-Howe who graduated in creative arts (drama) and whom I have known since he was about 4 years old, as I taught some years with his mother. Strange the way the world turns. I have some spare copies if you would like me to send them. Maybe your parents wouldlike one.

I emailed Cole. He is very busy but invites me to drop around sometime. I can't see it happening soon as I am so rarely at Sturt. If I hear anything about the short films etc for 2007, I'll let you know. I must remember to ask about them when the time comes. I went to listen to Taikoz, a Japanese style drumming company, at the Festival Theatre on Thursday. The treat was a present from my sister. It was a joyous and cathartic experience generating much positive energy.

Molly and Frisky are fine. We will walk them when Val gets back from squash. Yoyo had fun climbing trees this morning, with Boo the cat from next door. Merry is asleep inside. He spends the night on patrol in the garden and is worn out with his vigilance. He says, with distain, that play is only for the young ones (Yoyo). Miaow.

How is Nora? I hope that she has settled happily into her new routine. And I hope it rains soon -- pelts. The soil is very dry.

Take care,
Christine

Tiada ulasan: