Isnin, Julai 21, 2008

thanks christine

Dear Shah,

I would be howling, after so much expectation and effort, to be disappointed about a visa. Are you allowed to swear? A few choice words might let off steam, but a vigorous bushwalk is great too. There is an old Scottish saying: 'What's for ye won't go by ye." If that is any consolation. Better luck next time.

It is very cold here. We took Mum to the bus station this morning. She is off to Canberra, to my sister, for a few weeks. She refuses to fly this time and I hope she survives the 18 hour journey by bus. Maybe, I will have to go and fetch her home (fly with her). We'll see. She wants to stay a long time with my sister, but my sister wants to put a time limit on the visit (being a very busy person). It will be interesting to see what eventuates. Then I went to an outdoor shop to buy a new parka with a hood for the rain, but couldn't find one to suit. But Val bought a nice thick one really cheaply for next time we go skiing (ha ha).

Then I picked up some books at Uni library. Then we walked the dogs. And now I'm home and wondering which end of my work to get on with, the creative piece or an outline of the whole project including the critical component.

5pm and time to feed the dogs.
Take care and don't work too late,

Cheers, Christine

Tiada ulasan: