Khamis, Jun 14, 2007

another warm letter from Christine

Hello Shah.

Pleased to hear from you. I'm glad your presentation went well. Certainly, audience response and survey is an intersting focus for your thesis. I focus on text -- mainly the creation of my own. My proposal presentation seminar will be next semester. i have a little more time to prepare. I'm going to a two-day conference in early July in Sydney called LITERATURE and SENSATION. Affect on the audience/reader is one of the main focuses. Many authors from past and present times will presented. Sam is coming along for a break, although he will sight-see while I am busy. My mother had a pacemaker fitted two days ago.
Val will fetch her from the hospital at 2pm today. We hope she has more energy once the heartrate settles into normal rhythm. The nights have been cold recently, but the days just gorgeous. It would be brilliant to walk along the Heysen Trail from Mt Lofty again. Cox's Creek is flowing strongly and the Autumn leaves hang red on the trees. Though the display of colour is almost over. The first strong wind will see the trees bare. Yoyo is big and sleek. He is a lovely warm bundle to cuddle. I'll send a photo soon -- when I get organised. Molly and the other furries are fine, enjoying walks in the park as usual.
In fact Sam arrived at 7am this morning. He had been up all night doing an assignment for Uni. He took Molly and Frisky for an early walk. Now we are going to have brunch, then I'm off to uni for a seminar presentation by two language students (French). I do enjoy hearing other PhD students present their stuff. Keep in touch. There is good snow for so early in the season at Mt Buller. Maybe we will go to Falls Creek later. I don't know. Depends if I can wake some enthusiasm in Val. We have friends there in August pressing us to join them. Maybe, maybe not. It will be a spur of the moment decision.

Take care,
Christine

Tiada ulasan: