Ahad, Jun 03, 2007

words from Christine

Dear Shah,
I, too, am coming to grips with modernism, in relation to Haruki Murakami. I've just finished "After Dark" which is a neat little novel that argues for the restoration of warmth and compassion in human relations, respect and negotiation rather than unequal power play and exploitation. Stylistically, he is into magical realism. Today, I think that; tomorrow, who knows!!!
Yoyo is here. He is purring and wants to play with the keyboard. His back is wet, so it must be raining outside. Molly and the other furries are fine.
Val, Sam and I went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean 3"last Sunday. It is super fun. Johnny Depp is gloriously scatty, in all his split personalities -- riotous action. On Tuesday Val and I saw "Leonard Cohen: I'm your man." It is a brilliant documentary. Cohen is a superlative poet and musician. I've loved his work since the early 1970s. Cold, but the way I like it. Take care and enjoy your presentation...hehehe. Mine will probably be early next semester.

Cheers,
Christine

Tiada ulasan: